Skip to content
Scholarship Recipient Selection Process
- Parents submit Lee Academy Scholarship Application form by March 15th prior to the upcoming school year
- The application and financial income statements are reviewed by the Scholarship Foundation board members (to be graded on a checklist of criteria and ranked). The board members determine which applicants met all criteria except academic and behavioural.
- General criteria include financial need, number of dependents, parent/guardian status, member of a historically disadvantaged group as laid out in Ontario’s Human Rights Code, other socially disadvantaged groups
- Once an application is reviewed and approved by the board, and the applicant has met the school’s admission requirements, the board will formally approve the scholarship application
- Board members will determine what funds are available to give in the form of a scholarship to the family based on what donations have been given, the ability to help a family over the course of an elementary education (JK – 8) and if the family has more than one child who needs financial assistance
- If the application number becomes higher than twelve in a school year, the board has the option of setting a selection committee, drawn from retired teachers and community members