Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria and Compliance
Lee Academy Scholarship Foundation
(CRA Registered Charity #75150 4515 RR0001)
- Student must be entering Grades JK to Gr. 8 in the upcoming school year.
- There must be an open space in the grade applied for. From September, 2020, there will be a space designated specifically for a scholarship recipient in the JK class. The class size is 15 in Junior Kindergarten and 16 in SK through Grade 8. Class sizes will not change regardless of number of applications. Applications (both scholarship based and non-scholarship) will be reviewed in order of application received date.
- Student being considered for the scholarship must meet the criteria for entrance to Lee Academy (as determined by the Director, Lee Academy) including:
- for Kindergarten entrance, must complete a classroom visit and show a keenness to learn, curiosity, an ability to be in a classroom setting without being disruptive and independent washroom habits
- for Grade One or above entrance, must complete a classroom visit day/assessment with the Lee Academy class and teacher and meet the grade level median academic benchmarks in reading, writing and mathematics
- for Grade One or above, must have a positive school record from their previous school
- A student must be able to physically attend the school for the majority of instructional days in a school year, earn/maintain passing academic grades and adhere to the school’s code of conduct to continue at Lee Academy.
- The legal parent or guardian must submit application form to Lee Academy Scholarship Foundation by mail at 1978 2nd Concession West, RR#1 Lynden, ON, L0R 1T0 or email@example.com by the submission deadline of March 15th in the calendar year of the school year starting in September. (For a scholarship for September, 2025, for example, applications would be due by March 15th, 2024.)
- Financial reward is contingent on continued availability of funds from the Lee Academy Scholarship Foundation.